Saturday, August 31, 2013

Tile Update; Cabinets, Counters In

As I arrived at our house late Wednesday evening to compare the sample master bath floor tile from Rusmur to what was installed, I was rather shocked to see the cabinets and counter tops were all in!

Espresso cabinets - butter rum granite (it's laminate; don't be fooled by the name, LOL) counter tops


Pass through from morning room into kitchen

Somehow I had forgotten if I had a single or double bowl sink. LOL. It's been a long summer.

The wall where our refrigerator will go.

Espresso stain on hand rail

Thanks to a photo I took pre-drywall, they finally found our data cable that was dry-walled over.

Powder room towel bar

More powder room - I was even excited to see this, ha ha.

Glass detail above study entrance - doors weren't in yet. Something to fix up on the left, eh?


Okay, so as soon as I picked up the Fresco Cream tile from Rusmur, I was pretty sure I was wrong. Remember this pic:



When I saw it inside our friends' house, and also outside, I realized Rusmur's fluorescent lights were really playing tricks on me. Here it is on top of the tile in our master bathroom:


Same. Dang. Color.

So, since I don't plan on putting fluorescent lighting in our master bathroom, I'm kind of disappointed to not be getting the cool toned, grey/white look I was going for. I'm hoping once we paint/decorate that I won't really care that much. Still, something to be cognizant of when you are making flooring selections!!

Since I was running into the house really fast (I was so shocked to see our driveway was done that I completely forgot to take a picture of that), I just grabbed my camera out of the bag and forgot I had my portrait lens on it. So I couldn't zoom out any farther than my feet would take me. Better pics to come, I promise!

My special master bath single sink/dbl vanity - the other side is for my make-up/hair. We don't use the bathroom at the same time, so this will work nicely for us. Espresso cabinets. Standard counter top.

Maple Cognac cabinets in the other upstairs bath. Double sinks for our girls.

One side of the master closet - again with the portrait lens limitation, sorry!

other side of the master closet

Almost out of the house before I noticed the trim was up.

My husband stopped there today and found even more done, including the toilets and dishwasher installed. Did he take a single picture?? Uh, no.

I'm still waiting to see the shutters and other finishing touches out front - especially the front porch. So excited to see the finished look with the grey siding/stone/navy shutters and door/front porch.

Our final walk through is scheduled for Friday, Sep. 13... that's good luck, right? ;)

5 comments:

  1. Those photos are gorgeous! You guys have the same cabinets as our's I think.. But it will be weeks before they can go in since Rusmur floors dropped the ball on us. The floors were supposed to go in on this tuesday (3rd) but they called me last Thursday to let us know they don't have our hardwood in stock, and asking us to select new floors!. Still working with Ryan homes and Rusmur floors to see what can be done.


    13 supposed to be the luckiest number according to feng-shui so don't worry about the 13 lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How can they not have it in stock when you probably ordered it months ago? As if they didn't know when it would be needed now? I hope they figure something out for you!!

      Delete
  2. That tile really doesn't even look the same! It's funny how light can play such tricks...I'm ready to see the floors uncovered next to the cabinets. I think you made a really good choice :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I'm glad you thought so, too. At least I'm not crazy, right?? I was sure it was the wrong tile, lol.

      Delete
  3. You're so close... so exciting. Everything looks awesome so far!

    ReplyDelete