Thursday, September 5, 2013

Porch Progresss

Since I last blogged, the outside work has really kicked into high gear. We have a driveway, shutters, front steps, completed stone and they started working on the porch today!

Navy shutters up, stone done, driveway and stairs in, porch work underway

We really like the stonework on top of the garage. My husband is going to check back this evening to see if they finish the porch rail. I'll update this post if he gets any new pics. I'm hoping he can get inside and see if the appliances and/or carpet are in. These were the last two things I was anxious to see inside.

Zoomed out to shot dirt. Glorious dirt!

He also thought they had started bringing dirt in. Because our lot was pretty much solid rock, the PM was planning to give us some dirt on top before the topsoil and grass seed goes in.

On the moving front, we ordered our cable/internet/phone. We're going to try Verizon Fios...a first for us. They said to transfer the utilities starting a week before so I'm going to try to start that tomorrow so I can finish up by Monday the 9th. I feel like I haven't done much else house-related b/c this week was the start of preschool and other fall activities. I'm getting myself mentally prepared to spend every morning in my minivan, sigh. 

11 DAYS TO GO!!!

8 comments:

  1. Love the bricks. and also your siding color. Just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm obsessed with the color grey everywhere, ha ha.

      Delete
  2. It's really coming along fast, I bet you are so excited!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Soooooo excited!! I can't even put it into words. :)

      Delete
  3. I love the columns in the front...its a very nice elevation!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I was really excited to see it with the porch columns and railing going into place as it finally didn't look so plain anymore. I knew they were coming but still...haha

      Delete
  4. Your home is beautiful! I love your huge front porch. Just joining your blog adventures now, as we are just starting our Ryan process, but your posts are great and give me some awesome stuff to think about. Thanks for sharing! Good luck in the final few day! Can't wait to see it at move-in!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I was checking out your blog as well! The huge front porch was one of our "must haves" for our forever house (at least that's what I'm calling it, the hubby has different ideas ;)
      There are soooo many choices to make in the beginning in those two weeks, then nothing happens for forever...then it finally all starts happening really fast again. Good luck with all of your choices!

      Delete