Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Tile Mystery and Appraisal In

So, to remind you of my master bathroom tile drama...I've been trying to figure out since Friday night whether this...


Is what is installed in our master bathroom here:


And here:


It was just so hard to tell with the dim light of early evening. I had tried to rub off the top of the tile in case it was dust or dirt but it didn't rub off.

So I tracked down the new Rusmur Floors Ryan rep (the one we originally met with is no longer there) and she was extremely nice and helpful. She first checked all three orders (original selection, purchase order, work order, etc.) and the name appears the same throughout - Travata Fresco Cream. I anticipated that since we never changed the master bath selection.

So then she said her theory is that it is grout haze from the "haystack" colored grout they use, which has a brownish tint. She mentioned that you can see it up on the wall in the first shot (which is of the linen closet.) She said it would wipe off with water.

She said the other possibility is that the boxes were actually labeled wrong and it's the wrong tile. She offered to send someone over to investigate or let me pick up the sample tile myself and go look. What can I say but that I like to be in control, LOL, so I opted to pick up the sample (this evening) and take it over and look again. She said if I feel it's definitely the wrong tile to call her immediately and she'll put someone on it. I am happy with that response.

We also got word today of our appraisal, which was slightly nerve-wracking given the handful of bloggers who have had issues with theirs coming in under the purchase price. Ours came in exactly $990 over our sale price. WHEW.

I'm trying not to be overly irritated with NVR, but of course, our LP is on vacation and apparently will be until our close (I think??) and now suddenly everyone else is confused and asking for documents we already gave them. They also want to know why our old mortgage hasn't shown up on our credit report as closed yet (Um, b/c our closing was like 2 1/2 weeks ago?). Then they are asking for statements showing our deposit from the sale, which was totally in the stack of papers we gave them. How about LOOKING THROUGH THE STACK FIRST? Really, it's a lot of annoying phone calls for my husband who is at work, you know, trying to actually work?

Anyway, 19 days to go!!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Kristy, love your model choice and elevation. The porch is amazing. :-)

    it is definitely worth getting everything investigated! I even pulled up the carpet to check to make sure my 10lb padding was the correct one.

    In construction, I have learned that they do have mishaps and its best to stay on every detail. As far as paperwork, we sent the same documents over several times for various reasons. I kept everything on a drive and email folder so when asked we could send over quickly. We were even faxing documents the morning of our closing. Ugghhh All the work we put in was worth it to be in our home.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just updated my investigation...I was wrong :(, but it was the lighting's fault. ha ha
    I can't fathom having to fax documents the morning of closing! ACK! That's insane!

    ReplyDelete