Sunday, August 18, 2013

Siding, Stone and Closing Date

So much has happened in the last week that I'll probably forget some of it.

First - siding is done!

August 18, 2013 - Can't wait for shutters, trim, etc. to get the whole effect!

And they started the stone to grade - I LOVE the stone. We will end up with stone all the way around above the spray painted line on the foundation. They will fill in the yard up to that line. With our front entry, integral garage, we end up really getting our money's worth from the stone upgrade.

Love this stone!

After taking yet another load of belongings to our overflowing storage unit (downsizing crap we took to the friends' house where we are staying), we took the girls over to the house. Our youngest was NOT happy to have her car ride nap interrupted. Our oldest appreciates any opportunity to pose like a diva.

The family (minus me) in the kitchen/dinette

The girls had yet to see the house dry walled, so they were anxious to see their room. The walls appeared to be primed now as well.

Heading upstairs to find her new bedroom

The #2 bedroom in the house is just humungous, so the girls are going to share it while they are young to allow us both a toy room and a large guest room.

Charlotte still not awake enough to appreciate her new room.

We are thinking we will put their beds on either side of the double windows.

This was fun.
 The ceilings were all textured. This is the best shot I could get of them, although the color is way off. I don't love them or hate them.

Textured ceiling pattern

Since we are all four used to sharing one bathroom, we are ecstatic that the girls will have their own and my husband and I will have our own. Ahhh...

Trying out her new bath tub.
The PM updated us that our final walkthrough will be Friday, Sep. 13 (ha ha) and that the closing will be the following Monday or Tuesday. 

Family room

 We had really hoped to be in sooner than that, since our initial closing date was Sep. 3...then end/middle of August...now Sep. 16. But I'll take it. It means 5 weeks living with our overly generous friends.

Kitchen view of family room and morning room

Trying to convince Charlotte that this new house thing is pretty cool.


All of our cabinets and counter tops are in the garage/basement. The kitchen counters don't look like what I remember. Granted, we were just picking a laminate with the intent on putting in Quartz counter tops ourselves, so it doesn't really matter that much. But, they were too pink for my taste. I'm hoping it was just the bad light.

Butter Rum "granite" laminate

Yeah, I don't like it much. But, it's temporary, right?


Basement. Unfinished. Uninteresting to me :)


Egress window. Fascinating to a 4-and-2-year-old.


So this week we also finished submitting our updated mortgage application requirements. I'm really not sure why they make it like you pretty much have to apply twice, at least as far as gathering documents goes. I also don't understand why NVR requires copies of all the canceled checks that YOU'VE GIVEN TO RYAN. Um, you cashed them. You have the money. Why do I have to give you another copy of them? Anyways, that's all done, which is fantastic because the very next day, our friends' (with whom we are staying) dog decided to mark the cardboard box we were using to store all our financial documents. HA! One day sooner and all of our paystubs/bankstatements/canceled checks, etc. would have smelled of dog pee. I think he's kind of ticked that we have all invaded his home. Poor thing. Start the countdown, Berkley.



6 comments:

  1. Hey!! Cool pictures...your girls are so cute!

    LOVE your stone! And your family room is HUGE. That's some good progress. I was surprised when you said that the counter tops were laminate! They look pretty good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! They are even cuter when one is not having a major meltdown. ;)
      We need to go shopping for a sectional ASAP, ha ha. And of course, my husband thinks the family room size calls for a bigger TV.

      Delete
  2. That's a bunch of stone and it's gonna look really nice. The pics of the girls are priceless, too cute.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that stone, and the color of your siding! The girls room looks massive!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I was so happy when it came time to pick exterior colors and the grey was still left. Grey is all I really wanted. I was tickled when I found out the stone choices we had - this one just went so perfectly.
      The girls room is insane. That's one of the reasons we're having them share while they are little. That and I'm deluding myself that I can keep their toys contained to the "toy room" instead of all over the bedroom. I can dream, right?

      Delete