Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Pre-Drywall Scheduled!

While a lot has been going on inside, I haven't posted because I don't have any great inside pictures. I tried on Sunday but workers were inside...I unexpectedly got inside today, but didn't have my camera with me.

On the way back from an appointment today, we called our awesome sales rep as we were literally driving by the model home and asked him if we could go inside. He said he'd be there in 5 minutes and he was. There were some electricians in the house but it was toward the end of the day so not much was going on.

This was the first time I've been there since all the stairs were in and all of the rooms were framed. I was in awe of how large our family room is (actually our SR rep was, too, he mentioned that 4 foot extension really made a huge difference.) I'm also extremely happy with how big the bedrooms are. It was just so exciting to see the rooms all laid out. It definitely became more real.

Unfortunately, I didn't even have my phone on me while inside because it unknowingly to me had fallen out of my purse in the car so the only shot I got was on the way out:

Lots of stuff happening inside, I swear!

Sigh. I love it.

I'm also in awe of how long the front porch is...our SR remarked today about what a great choice that was for a cul-de-sac home as we'll be able to watch the kids play. We noticed the lot on our other side is now SOLD. The SR told us it's a younger couple (20s) with no kids. They are building a Sewickley with lots of upgrades. Apparently the Sewickley is a smaller model but with all the upgrades it will be very nice. I had to laugh thinking about what kind of birth control my 2 and 4-year-old will provide. At least there are no windows on their side of our house. ;)

Also, we scheduled the pre-drywall walk through for this Friday morning before we leave on vacation!! Hubby will probably do this alone as I trust him and don't really care to find a babysitter since we are getting sitters on Thursday and Saturday to move out of our current house. Ack! Moving! Must stop writing and go pack another box. Our storage pods arrive tomorrow.

I think we are planning to lock in our rate this week as there is supposed to be some kind of financial news coming out.

Fingers crossed...and thanking God for all of these blessings!







1 comment:

  1. Looking great. You'll have walls soon! :-)
    Good luck with the rates.

    ReplyDelete