Friday, July 26, 2013

Roof Day 2

Just the one new pic from today (Friday) as the roofers were still working as of 5pm so my husband couldn't go inside. 
 
Roofers doing their thing
Meanwhile back at home, we are in full on moving mode as the storage pods arrive next week and we plan to be completely out next Saturday.
My husband has been his usual perfectionist self (love you) and is patching and sanding every single hole we ever put in the walls. The wall anchors from our shelves left particularly cavernous holes. Does everyone else do this?? I just might have to sit our buyers down at closing and explain how lucky they are that every time we found something shabbily done in this house, we fixed it right...how we paid for previous owners' mistakes to be righted...and how there will be no sign that there was ever a hole in any wall.
Besides being a perfectionist, my better half is also a DIY-er so there will be no moving company involved in our moves. He's orchestrated the moves of many of our friends so they have lined up to help him do the same, now that it's our turn. He packs a mean truck. :)

I feel like I have a 100 page list of things I need to do next week (forwarding mail, calling more utilities, finding all the docs we will need for closing, etc.) and yet, I'm updating my blog instead of crossing off items, ha ha.

Also, day 3 of 28 days of mandated cage rest for our dog is done. Only 25 more to go! Sigh. But, really her meds have improved her pain level dramatically, which is all we really wanted at this point.

I'll update the house this weekend if we head out tomorrow with my camera. Happy Friday night everyone!

1 comment:

  1. Looks like your husband has everything under control! He seems to be very proactive!! You definitely got to put the blog on your list too!!! It's really nice that you guys are making it so much better for the next owners.....good for them!

    Can't wait for the pictures.......

    ReplyDelete