Sunday, July 21, 2013

Peek at the Pool

Yes, I'm teasing you with promises of pics of the plan's new pool and clubhouse to get you to look at more pictures of our framed first floor. Feel free to scroll down if you just can't wait.

First floor up!


3 big windows on the morning room


Rock. Our future neighbors told us how lovely it was for them for several days in a row while the construction crew busted up tons of rock. Wondering how many times this will be repeated when the lots to our left sell...


Shot of back of house (husband peeking out of basement window)


Shot of our backyard...which we have been promised will be graded back to the toe of the hill so we'll gain as much flat space as they can give us. I have no idea where the "toe" of a hill is, however. I do know that since we are turned on our lot to face the cul-de-sac that our yard will be bigger on the right side of this pic.


Ha ha, more rock.


This was actually above my head - I just raised my camera above my head and snapped.


A shot of our front porch - it extends across the whole front of the house - about 4 feet deep.



Now that you've been patient, here comes Majestic Hills' new pool(s) and clubhouse. They are on the street below ours and the lots above them were just recently sold...soooo I sort of trespassed onto them to get an incognito shot or two. I didn't want the people swimming to see someone taking creepy pictures of them.

View from our street of the whole complex - we'll have key fobs to open the gate.


Kiddie pool and clubhouse


Adult pool


The whole thing again... we are just hoping we get in and close before it closes up for the fall. I have no idea if they will stay open past Labor Day or not...it didn't open until June sometime so fingers crossed that our HOA fees will be worth it for this summer at least a few times.


Okay, so we bought a refrigerator today. Luckily, Lowe's will hold it for us until closing so we didn't have to store it ourselves.

I mentioned before that when I look at other blogs I start to second guess our decision to do the Espresso cabinets with black appliances. Then, happily, today I found Dreaming of a Ryan Home Florence and her pics of what it looks like - just what we'd hoped - they blend right in with the cabinets.

Pic from http://florencewithryanhomes.blogspot.com/2013/01/looking-more-like-home.html

Another pic from the same blog with the stove and microwave visible. Our floors will be lighter but otherwise, a nice comparison to what ours will look like. I'm very happy to see this!!

Pic from http://florencewithryanhomes.blogspot.com/2013/01/looking-more-like-home.html

Here's hoping for a dry weather week so we can finish the framing!

4 comments:

  1. What!! I want a kiddie pool in our neighborhood! The black appliances look good :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so excited for the kiddie pool - with a 2 and 4 year old, it's a huge relief.
      I think I've finally calmed down and am confident again about the black choice. :)

      Delete
  2. The pool looks great! I hope you get to relax in it this summer! Nice to see your house coming along!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too, but sounds like our new finish date is the first or second week of Sept (so said PM yesterday.) Those three weeks of weather bringing things to a standstill have caught up. Since there's no lifeguard, maybe they'll keep it open longer??
      So relieved the framing is finally going on! It goes fast now, right? :)

      Delete