Saturday, June 29, 2013

Oakmont Model Home Pics

The next thing we seemed to do was visit the nearby Oakmont model home and discuss ideas and how we would arrange things, etc. Luckily, the model is only about 5 minutes from our current house. I actually liked the decorating style MUCH more in the Naples model in our actual development than in this model, but at least you get the layout. My apologies that all of these are just iphone pics, so they pretty much blow.

View from kitchen into family room on left and morning room on right. We are doing the morning room and the 4 foot extension on the family room. We are *not* doing a fireplace so we will have extra windows included in our extension. We also changed our minds at the end and went down to a regular size island so we can have that area open for a dinette table. We purposely don't want the morning room to just be another dining room so we are going to try it this way. I might decide I just want the whole area open and move the table, but we'll see.



The model has the morning room set up with a dining table.


The first floor powder room.


The master bedroom from the bathroom side. It was pretty much impossible to get all in one shot. No panoramic on my iPhone4 :)


Shot from front door into formal dining room. We did not go for the bay window or the extra trim. We'll do the crown molding ourselves. My husband did it in our current house and got pretty darn good at it. I'll hire him out ;)



View from front door of foyer, hall closet and study. We did do the study option with the glass French doors.


Bedroom 2 or 3, I can't remember. Our girls will share the big bedroom at least initially.


The other big bedroom, which will be our guest room at least for the next few years.



The smaller 4th bedroom. We are doing the 4 bedroom option with the closed foyer upstairs. This will probably be a playroom.



Upstairs hall closet outside of the girls' bathroom.


Main hall bath that our girls will share.


What the closed foyer, 4 bedroom looks like at top of stairs. Master is on the right.


Formal dining room again


Inside of the study


The large, lovely pantry in the kitchen. The laundry room is to the left. The dining room to the right.



View from kitchen to front door.


View from family room to kitchen/morning room.


Other side of kitchen - door to basement to the right of the refrigerator.


3 comments:

  1. Hey Kristy! I just saw your comment on my blog about the "regular" island. Right now I love how we have it set up and people that come over love sitting in the morning room "sitting area". Right now we have a small table in the dinette area, but when we have company we open the leaves to a full size table and it still fits just fine in that area. I still think about the bigger island sometimes (mostly for the extra cabinet space), but I like the way we have it now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the update! I'm glad to hear it's working so well and makes me more confident that it was a good choice for us and what we plan to use it for. BTW, I've been trying to convince my husband that he could tackle building our deck on our own like you did. ;)

      Delete
  2. Congratulations Kristy!! Its a beautiful plan.
    I wish you smooth sailing...

    By the way, we are building a Lincolnshire in TN (http://ryanhomeslincolnshire.blogspot.com/)

    ReplyDelete